Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Yesterday I spent all day at the Atlanta Job Fair. It was a big mess. The line to get in was 45 minutes long. And there didn't seem to be any air conditioning. I did talk to the lady with TeachGeorgia, and she said that if I passed the Praxis II in ESOL, she would definately find a spot for me.

Then I spent 2 hours waiting for the bus outside and got a terrible sunburn. However, I had a lovely conversation with a man named Sydney who had traveled all over the world while he worked for TWA, and also knew a bit of Japanese. We talked for about an hour. I met several other interesting people: a lady who taught ESL in Paris, a couple from Athens who just found out they're expecting their first child, and another lady who wanted to sell cars. Although it was a bit of a pain, we had a good time talking to one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home